The holidays are approaching and, with them, our annual Secret Santa gift exchange. Whether you’ve participated with us before or not, I’d appreciate it if you could look through this post for guidelines and other information. 😊
November 14: last day to sign up.
November 15: Names are drawn.
November 20: Please have a wishlist with either specific items or general guidelines for what you’re interested in posted.
December 19: gift unwrapping meeting
Note: the meeting can be moved in order to fit as many people’s schedules as needed. Please reach out if you’d prefer a different day that week.
First and foremost, we understand that life can be unpredictable. If you sign up and something happens that means you can’t follow through with sending out a gift, please get in touch with me as soon as possible. Please do not sign up for the event if you think you are going to be unable to follow through. There’s a risk with every event like this, but we’d like to prevent any scenarios where someone sends a gift but does not receive one. Thank you for your understanding, and please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. 😊
• Make sure your address is up to date. If uncomfortable sharing, include an alternative way of sending gifts such as an email for gift cards or an Amazon locker location nearby.
• Fill out your wishlist! Whether you put a list of interests or a link to a specific Amazon/Etsy wishlist, make sure your Santa has some idea of what you like and might want.
• Let me know if you’d like a restriction put in place so as to avoid drawing a specific person, such as your partner.
• When shipping your gift, include RBR in the name field so that the recipient can distinguish it from other holiday packages.
• Please avoid opening your gift until the meeting!
• You are not required to reveal yourself as your person’s Santa, but you’re welcome to do so during the meeting if you’d like.
• Try and keep Secret Santa secret. Communicate with your giftee through the anonymous messaging system on Elfster. Avoid revealing who your giftee is to other participants if possible, and especially avoid revealing who other people’s giftees are if you find out. You can reach out to me if you need help with logistics or communicating important information.
• Make sure to mark your gift as sent and received on the site so that I can keep track and ensure everyone receives something.
• Be thoughtful and have fun! Our gift budget is $25.00.
Sign up here